Service Pump & Supply is looking for a lead service technician who is experienced with removing and installing pumps, motors, and other rotating equipment.
Location: Huntington, WV
SPS has been solving tough water-related challenges for 40 years, and we succeed because we put service first. Our service technicians thrive on getting customers what they need when they need it, whether that means carrying out scheduled service calls or providing crucial on-site help in the middle of an emergency.
As part of our service team, you will do quality work and represent SPS to our customers. You won’t get stuck in a routine because you’ll spend time working in the shop in addition to traveling to customer locations for on-site service work. As the team lead, you’ll take initiative and maximize production through creative problem solving, adaptation, and correction of process bottlenecks. The work is physically demanding and is done in both indoor and outdoor conditions.
We take pride in our efforts to manage and protect the world’s most precious resource: water. Every day, we work hard to provide access to clean water, deal responsibly with wastewater, and eliminate stormwater dangers. With four locations in three states, we provide products and service for mining, industrial, oil & gas, and municipal water, sewage, and wastewater customers.
This is a great opportunity to become part of a well-established, respected organization offering excellent pay and benefits including paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), family medical insurance, 401(k) match, and uniforms. We value talent and are committed to investing in employee training and development. We get excited about self-driven people who achieve individual goals while also working well with a team. If you are committed to excellence and eager to shape the company’s success, apply to work with us!
What You Will Do
- Remove and install pumps, motors, other rotating equipment, and associated accessories using hand tools, power tools, and machines.
- Read and follow scope of work and assembly/disassembly manuals.
- Lay out, measure, position, align, and fit components together according to layouts, blueprints, and work orders.
- Troubleshoot malfunctions and perform repairs.
- Lead crew members to achieve timely, efficient, and safe project completion.
- Communicate with supervisors, sales people, customers, and engineers about possible changes, problems, and improvements.
- Adhere to OSHA safety standards and ensure a safe work area.
- Perform housekeeping and general cleanup duties.
- Maintain work orders and other documentation as required.
What You Need
- Strong mechanical ability
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Experience in the industrial or mining fields
- Mine certification preferred
- Electrical, plumbing, welding, or machining experience a plus
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Commitment to customer service
- Ability to work an on-call schedule that requires availability after hours, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to work out of town overnight
- Clean drug screen
- Valid driver’s license with good driving history
Good service makes us strong. Talent makes us competitive. If you can offer both, we want to talk to you!
To apply or learn more, contact:
Suzanne House, HR Manager
Service Pump & Supply is a drug-free workplace.
Service Pump & Supply provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability. We seek applications from a broad variety of candidates.