Service Pump & Supply is looking for a hard worker who has a safe delivery driving record and experience with a wide range of building maintenance tasks.
Location: Huntington, WV
SPS has been solving tough water-related challenges for more than 40 years, and we succeed because we put service first. Our teams thrive on getting customers what they need when they need it, whether that means carrying out scheduled work or delivering crucial service and equipment in the middle of an emergency. To be this responsive to customers, we need a well-maintained facility and drivers who work safely and efficiently.
We take pride in our efforts to manage and protect the world’s most precious resource: water. Every day, our team works hard to provide access to clean water, deal responsibly with wastewater, and eliminate stormwater dangers. With four locations in three states, we provide products and service for mining, industrial, oil & gas, and municipal water, sewage, and wastewater customers.
As a delivery driver/building maintenance team member, you will do quality work and represent SPS to our customers. You won’t get stuck in a routine because you’ll be carrying out a variety of duties.
You will deliver pumps and other products in a timely and professional manner using flatbed trucks, rollback trucks, and trailers. Every load is different and will require an individualized restraint method. Many of our customers are at mine sites or other locations with rugged terrain, so we need a driver who is comfortable driving on rough roads.
You will also be responsible for maintenance in a 100,000 square foot building that contains offices, mechanical shops, and a warehouse. Duties include cleaning and restocking required supplies in the break room and restrooms, replacing light bulbs, and minor miscellaneous repairs.
This work is physically demanding and is done in both indoor and outdoor conditions. It requires movements that include bending, twisting, stretching, stooping, and kneeling, as well as the ability to work from ladders and lift loads up to 70 pounds.
We need a reliable individual committed to maintaining Service Pump’s high standards of service and quality. This is a full-time permanent position that may require overtime work as needed. It’s a great opportunity to become part of a well-established, respected organization offering excellent pay and benefits including paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), family medical insurance, 401(k) match, and uniforms. All tools are provided. We value talent and are committed to investing in employee training and development. We get excited about self-driven people who achieve individual goals while also working well with a team. If you are committed to excellence and eager to shape the company’s success, apply to work with us!
What You Will Do
- Drive safely, responsibly, and according to all laws and Service Pump policies.
- Secure cargo safely.
- Use route navigation apps and knowledge of the area to deliver loads to customers on time.
- Operate forklifts, cranes, and other equipment needed for loading and unloading delivery vehicles.
- Use digital programs to handle work orders and other paperwork.
- Interact professionally with customers and coworkers and respond promptly to their needs.
- Handle multiple projects, changing priorities, and heavy work loads with little supervision.
- Adhere to OSHA and DOT safety standards and ensure a safe work area.
What You Need
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good customer service skills
- Valid license and safe driving record; CDL preferred
- 2 years experience driving heavy loads
- 2 years experience performing general maintenance and repair of facilities, equipment, and buildings
- Practical skill and knowledge of cleaning, plumbing, electrical work, painting, and carpentry
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and multitask efficiently and productively
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Occasional availability after hours, on weekends, and on holidays
- Military service preferred but not required
- Clean drug screen
Good service makes us strong. Talent makes us competitive. If you can offer both, we want to talk to you!
To apply or learn more, contact:
Suzanne House, HR Manager
Service Pump & Supply is a drug-free workplace.
Service Pump & Supply provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability. We seek applications from a broad variety of candidates.