Service Pump & Supply is looking for an experienced industrial electrician with strong instrumentation and troubleshooting skills to join our customer-focused team.
Location: Huntington, WV
SPS has been solving tough water-related challenges for more than 40 years, and we succeed because we put service first. Our service technicians thrive on getting customers what they need when they need it, whether that means building control panels in the shop or providing crucial on-site help in the middle of an emergency.
As part of our team, you will do quality work and build strong customer relationships. You won’t get stuck in a routine because you’ll spend time working in the shop and also travel to customer locations for on-site service work. You’ll take initiative and maximize production through creative problem solving, adaptation, and correction of process bottlenecks.
This is a great opportunity to become part of a well-established, respected organization offering excellent pay and benefits including family medical insurance, 401(k), paid holidays, uniforms, and Paid Time Off (PTO). We value talent and are committed to investing in employee training and development. We get excited about self-driven people who achieve individual goals while also working well with a team. If you are committed to excellence and eager to shape the company’s success, apply to work with us!
What You Will Do
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs), process controls, and electrical equipment.
- Repair or replace parts, rewire, and install related instrument/electrical items including cutting, bending, and running conduit and/or wiring as needed on new or existing installations.
- Remove and install electric motors, pumps, control panels, control parts, and control devices as needed to bring electrical systems back to full operation on customer sites.
- Build new control panel boxes to specifications.
- Carry out shutdown and startup of electrical equipment.
- Adhere to all OSHA and National Electrical Safety Code regulations and procedures.
- Accurately estimate time and material costs required for jobs.
- Work in a timely manner independently or as part of a team to meet each project requirement.
- Maintain documentation as required.
What You Need
- 5 years industrial electrician experience
- Master electrician license strongly preferred
- Mine certification preferred
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Understanding of electrical theory
- Experience troubleshooting and maintaining equipment such as motor controls, PLCs, and VFDs
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Commitment to customer service
- Ability to work on-call schedule that requires availability after hours, weekends, and holidays
- Clean drug screen
- Valid driver’s license with good driving history
Good service makes us strong. Talent makes us competitive. If you can offer both, we want to talk to you!
To apply or learn more, contact:
Suzanne House, HR Manager
Service Pump & Supply is a drug-free workplace.
Service Pump & Supply provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability. We seek applications from a broad variety of candidates.