Service Pump & Supply is looking for a lead fabricator/welder who is experienced with stick, MIG, and TIG welding regular production items and one-off custom work.
Location: Huntington, WV
SPS has been solving tough water-related challenges for more than 40 years, and we succeed because we put service first. Our fabricators/welders thrive on getting customers what they need when they need it, whether that means carrying out scheduled service calls or providing crucial on-site help in the middle of an emergency.
As lead fabricator/welder, you will do quality work and represent SPS to our customers. You won’t get stuck in a routine. In addition to working in the shop, you’ll travel occasionally to customer locations for on-site service jobs. You’ll make regular production items and also help create custom-engineered solutions for specific projects. You’ll take initiative and maximize production through creative problem solving, adaptation, and correction of process bottlenecks. The work is physically demanding and is done in both indoor and outdoor conditions.
We take pride in our efforts to manage and protect the world’s most precious resource: water. Every day, our team works hard to provide access to clean water, deal responsibly with wastewater, and eliminate stormwater dangers. With four locations in three states, we provide products and service for mining, industrial, oil & gas, and municipal water, sewage, and wastewater customers.
This is a great opportunity to become part of a well-established, respected organization offering excellent pay and benefits including paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), family medical insurance, 401(k) match, and uniforms. We value talent and are committed to investing in employee training and development. We get excited about self-driven people who achieve individual goals while also working well with a team. If you are committed to excellence and eager to shape the company’s success, apply to work with us!
What You WIll Do
- Fabricate and assemble structural metal products using tools, machines, and hands.
- Read and interpret blueprints and assembly instructions.
- Lay out, measure, position, align, and fit components together according to layouts, blueprints, and work orders, using a variety of arc and gas welding equipment.
- Troubleshoot malfunctions and perform repairs.
- Manage work orders and act as a lead on larger projects that require additional welders to achieve a timely, efficient, and quality end product.
- Communicate with supervisors, sales people, and engineers about possible changes, problems, and improvements.
- Adhere to OSHA safety standards and ensure a safe work area.
- Perform housekeeping and general cleanup duties.
- Maintain work orders and other documentation as required.
What You Need
- Strong mechanical ability
- 5 years experience welding carbon steel, stainless steel, and pipe
- 5 years experience with MIG and stick welding
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Experience in industrial or mining fields preferred
- Surface mine certification preferred
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Commitment to customer service
- Occasional availability after hours, on weekends, and on holidays
- Ability to occasionally work out of town overnight
- Clean drug screen
- Valid driver’s license with good driving history
Good service makes us strong. Talent makes us competitive. If you can offer both, we want to talk to you!
To apply or learn more, contact:
Suzanne House, HR Manager
Service Pump & Supply is a drug-free workplace.
Service Pump & Supply provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability. We seek applications from a broad variety of candidates.