Location: Huntington, WV
Are you a dynamic engineer eager to join a company that solves the toughest water-related challenges? With three locations in two states, we’re building on our strong record by growing operations and expanding into new markets, and we need talented people who are committed to excellence and hungry to prove what they can accomplish.
Service Pump has been serving customers for more than 40 years, and we take pride in our efforts to manage and protect the world’s most precious resource: water. We work hard every day to provide access to clean water, deal responsibly with wastewater, and manage stormwater for mining, industrial, oil & gas, and municipal customers.
As an SPS Electrical Engineer, you’ll plan and design electrical systems to meet customer specifications, meeting tight deadlines while working on multiple projects. To be successful at the job, you’ll need strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills along with experience with industrial PLCs, ASDs, and soft start systems. You’ll work with a team that includes our pump mechanics, fabricators, machinists, cross-trained field service technicians, a professional engineer (PE), and salespeople. You’ll use your knowledge and experience to design and build products that have a tangible effect on people’s lives.
Compensation commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Paid holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Family medical insurance
- 401(k) match
- Additional supplemental insurance
- Opportunities for professional development
- Perform on-site surveys to develop to-scale designs and detailed reports.
- Coordinate design components to generate drawings, wiring diagrams, layouts, and wiring schematics.
- Perform effective root-cause analysis to solve process issues in electrical systems and equipment.
- Evaluate products, parts, and processes for cost efficiency and reliability.
- Collaborate and communicate professionally with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide technical support to the SPS sales and service team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field + minimum 1-year experience or minimum 3 years of electrical engineering experience in design, layout, pricing of controls, and installation
- Proficiency with AutoCAD/Microstation
- Expertise in automation, drives, and control systems
- Careful attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional Engineer certification a plus
- Experience with water management, gas, or mining industries a plu
Good service makes us strong. Talent makes us competitive.If you can offer both, we want to talk to you!
To apply or learn more, contact:
Suzanne House, HR Manager
*Service Pump & Supply is a drug-free workplace.
*Service Pump & Supply provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability. We seek applications from a broad variety of candidates.