Are you a bench mechanic who wants to spend time out in the field? A service tech who would appreciate some time in the shop? We are looking for a hardworking industrial mechanic or millwright who has experience with pumps, motors, and other rotating equipment.
As a mechanic and part of our service team, you’ll do quality work and represent SPS to our customers. You won’t get stuck in a routine because you’ll spend time working in the shop in addition to traveling to customer locations for on-site service work.
The work is physically demanding and is done in both indoor and outdoor conditions. It requires movements that include bending, twisting, stretching, stooping, and kneeling, as well as the ability to work from ladders and lift loads up to 50 pounds.
Most of the time, this is Monday-Friday, 40-hours-a-week work, but to make sure we provide quality service to our customers, team members work an on-call schedule that can require availability after hours, on weekends, and on holidays. The job requires occasional overnight trips.
Compensation commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Paid holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Family medical insurance
- 401(k) match
- Tools provided
- Opportunities for cross-training and skill development
What You Will Do
- Troubleshoot and perform repairs on submersible, centrifugal, vertical turbine, and positive displacement pumps.
- Remove and install pumps, motors, other rotating equipment, and associated accessories using hand tools, power tools, and machines.
- Achieve timely, efficient, and safe project completion.
- Communicate with supervisors, salespeople, customers, and engineers about possible changes, problems, and improvements.
- Adhere to OSHA safety standards and ensure a safe work area.
What You Need
- Strong mechanical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Electrical, plumbing, welding, or machining experience in the industrial or mining fields
- Dependability, self-motivation, and extreme attention to detail
- Ability to work an on-call schedule that requires availability after hours, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to work out of town overnight
- Valid driver’s license
- Clean drug screen
- Mine certification a plus
- Military service preferred but not required
Good service makes us strong. Talent makes us competitive.If you can offer both, we want to talk to you!
*Service Pump & Supply is a drug-free workplace.
*Service Pump & Supply provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability. We seek applications from a broad variety of candidates.