Steam Cleaners and Pressure Washers Available for Purchase or Rent
As businesses and communities begin planning the transition back to “normal,” it will be more important than ever to make sure workplaces and public spaces are clean and sanitary.
We know you’re working hard to keep your employees and loved ones safe. The COVID-19 virus can live on surfaces for up to eight days. Ongoing preventative maintenance and cleaning is a great way to protect your team and keep your operations running.
Pressure washing and steam cleaning systems can help you clean and disinfect large areas. Restrooms, decks and patios, truck fleets, doorways, stairwells, dumpsters, waste facilities, picnic and break pavilions, equipment, shop areas, and other high-traffic areas should all be deep-cleaned regularly.
Service Pump & Supply offers industrial pressure washers and steam cleaning systems to properly clean and sanitize equipment and vehicles, spots where people gather, and any other areas that get covered in dirt and grime.
Preventative Maintenance Plan: Regular Cleaning and Disinfecting
The virus that causes COVID-19 — not to mention other viruses such as the common flu — will remain a danger for the foreseeable future. To prevent infections now and for the long term, you may want to consider implementing a regular deep cleaning maintenance plan. To prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other infectious diseases, the CDC recommends a two-step process: cleaning and disinfecting.
At a minimum, clean.
Cleaning surfaces thoroughly helps remove germs, dirt, and impurities to lower their numbers and reduce the risk of spreading. Pressure washing can be a great way to clean large areas quickly and thoroughly.
Pressure washing tips:
- Schedule deep cleaning activities such as pressure washing and steam cleaning during off-hours.
- Be sure the area you are cleaning is properly ventilated. When cleaning outdoors, workers should stay upwind when using a pressure washer to avoid blowback.
- Wearing protective eyewear and masks that cover the nose and mouth can also help protect workers.
- Start at the top of the surface and work your way down slowly. Your goal here is not to blast the surface, as that may lead to spreading particles and germs to other areas. Instead, use a pressure setting that thoroughly cuts through grime but reduces spray.
- If you’re using a cleaning solution and foam gun, allow the soap or solution to stand on the surface. Then scrub the area with brushes and rinse the area using a low-flow setting.
- Be sure to follow all manufacturer guidelines for operating pressure washing equipment.
Materials and supplies:
- Pressure washer
- Rain gear, goggles, masks, boots, and gloves
- Scrub brushes
- Optional: foam gun and disinfectant
Also, consider disinfecting.
While cleaning removes germs from surfaces, it does not usually kill them. For that, you need a disinfecting process. You may want to consider adding a disinfecting solution (as outlined above) to your pressure washing process. Another option is to use industrial-strength steam cleaners, which clean and disinfect at the same time.
Steam cleaning tips:
- Water in a steam cleaner is heated to a high temperature at relatively low pressure compared to a pressure washer. Keep the nozzle close to the surface you’re cleaning to maximize cleaning action.
- Be sure the area you are cleaning is properly ventilated and that workers are operating devices upwind from the steam.
- In addition to wearing protective eyewear and masks, workers should wear protective gear to prevent burns as both the steam equipment and the surfaces being cleaned can get very hot.
- As with pressure washing, start at the top of the surface and work your way down.
- As needed, use a scrub brush to remove particularly caked-on grime.
- Be sure to follow all manufacturer guidelines for operating steam-cleaning equipment.
Materials and supplies:
- Steam cleaner
- Rain gear, goggles, masks, boots, and gloves to protect from heat
- Scrub brushes
Service Pump and Supply offers a full range of pressure washers, steam cleaners, and accessories for purchase or rent. From small cleaners to our portable trailer-mounted industrial unit complete with a water tank — we have the equipment to handle any job, big or small.
Short on staff? Our team is happy to do the cleaning for you.